The Memorial Tournament


Two weekends ago, I was able to attend the Memorial Tournament with my dad. We make an effort to go every year, but this year was probably one of the best years. If you don't know, the Memorial Tournament is a huge golf tournament that takes place in Dublin, Ohio in the few days leading up to memorial day. Some of the biggest names in golf come to play and compete, and it is always a great time. This year, we were fortunate to have passes to get into the clubhouse, which is a pretty big deal. We had access to the AEP suite and a rooftop terrace, where we were able to see the starting and finishing holes. AEP is one of the big sponsors of the tournament and my dad is their largest customer in Ross county, which is how we were able to get the tickets (my dad is the facilities manager at the Kenworth factory if you were curious!). We had a great time and it was hard for us to leave.



Even though to some it may just be a golf tournament, to me it is much more. As I mentioned, my dad and I have made an effort to go (almost) every year, and going with him is one of my greatest memories from my childhood. Going to the tournament with my dad has given us a chance to spend time together one-on-one, and it is so great to be able to spend that time together. As we both have become busier, I appreciate our time together even more, and I am so grateful we were able to take the time to go this year, despite it being the day before leaving to go on vacation. These memories I make with my dad will definitely be ones that I will never forget. 


Comments

  1. I went to the Memorial this year too! It is an amazing course, and golf tournaments are a lot more fun than people think. It is a party there and it really is fun to go with friends and family!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts