This past week was Thanksgiving, which is my favorite holiday. Many people are often confused as to why I prefer Thanksgiving over every other holiday so I figured that I would give a list as to why!


Number 1: There are no expectations of presents

    The most stressful part of many holidays (for me) is buying gifts for so many different people. Deciding what each person would like without buying something that they do not need or do not want is so stressful. I love giving gifts, but making sure that it is a gift that they will be excited about is stressful. Additionally, shopping anywhere during the month of December is overwhelming as everyone is buying gifts and preparing for the holidays. Along with the expectation of giving presents I do not like to receive gifts, making Thanksgiving a great holiday for me.


Number 2: I love cooking

    Many holidays have a large meal in conjunction with other celebrations, but Thanksgiving is unique as the meal is the celebration. As someone who has always loved to cook, having an excuse to be in the kitchen all day is very exciting. When else can you experiment with different ways to make turkey, or what homemade roll recipe tastes best? My dad does most of the cooking in our family and spending the day with him, especially because I am at school, is fun for both of us. While we cook, we watch our favorite Christmas movie (Christmas Vacation) and sneak taste tests of everything we make.


Number 3: There are no "requirements" for the day

    Unlike every other holiday, there are no requirements or expectations. The only requirement is that you eat as much food as you can and relax. On Christmas and Easter, it is expected to dress up and go to church. On the Fourth of July and New Year's Eve, there are parties and celebrations (and my dad's birthday is the fourth so it is a busy day). Thanksgiving, however, is a relaxing time to eat and spend time with family. It is the best holiday!


Comments

  1. Bella I will say as well getting presents for everyone is always a difcult task. This year, I decided to get gifts for others than asking for so much this year because I couldn't think of anything!I love cooking to the extent of if I know how to make the food...HA HA! But you are exactly right about not having any expectations on Thanksgiving because you get to eat delicious food with family and friends!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts